News: Uranus used to be called George

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looking for a tele  (Read 51119 times)

Offline ~MM~

• Members
Looking for a tele
« on: September 23, 2013, 01:04:06 AM »
I'm looking to get something different than what I have. Right now I still have my Gibson Les Paul Studio and my Ibanez RG 7 string with a high output pickup replacement. Kind of looking for something with some twang but, I'm open to other sounds too. The local shop has some G&L ASATs that I like a lot. Mainly this semi-hollow one
I don't think I've played a guitar that nice for that pricetag before ($550). I'm still interested in trying the American G&Ls but, I don't know if it would be worth spending almost 3x the cash on one when this one seems pretty top shelf anyway.

I also tried some more expensive reverends they had there. Wasn't super impressed though. They played nice and had an interesting sound. Strange pickups as well. It was split between bar and pole pieces with the lowest three being barred and the higher ones with poles.

If anyone has any suggestions for other things to checkout, I'd appreciate it. I'm basically trying to look to broaden my sound a bit. The tele's seem to fit the scope well.

Offline TomWaits

• King of Crabs
  • Members
  • You don't say.
Re: Looking for a tele
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »
So did you end up getting one?

I'm still looking at Tele's too, especially the affordable American Specials (but still US built):

Offline ~MM~

• Members
Re: Looking for a tele
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:53 AM »
Actually got the one in the picture up above. Couldn't resist in the end. Price was right also.