News: Uranus used to be called George

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Top 5 Albums (from bands where you've actually heard five albums)  (Read 76239 times)

Ozz

Re: Top 5 Albums (from bands where you've actually heard five albums)
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 03:46:00 AM »
I need to get everything rammstein has released
fyp

I'm working on it.  I have three albums so far.
which ones???

Mutter
Rosenrot
Sehnsucht

Offline lucifer

• King of Crabs
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Mayhem
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Live in Leipzig
Chimera
Deathcrush
Ordo Ad Chao

Attila, Dead or Maniac?

Offline skuspar

• Captain of This Bitch!
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
Mayhem
Live in Leipzig
Chimera
Deathcrush
Ordo Ad Chao

Attila, Dead or Maniac?
Tough question, tough question.  I've always been in the Dead camp but there's sooo little material with him and most of it is rough quality.  I can only imagine what De Mysteriis would have sounded like with Dead doing the vocals.  De Mysteriis will always be a flawed black metal masterpiece because of Atillas bizarre vocals imo.  The two studio tracks of Mayhem with Dead are solid, definitely the clearest quality recordings with him.  But they still lack the punch that De Mysteriis has in the production department.  Ahhh, what could have been.   :(

So if I'm ranking them I go:
Dead
Maniac
Atilla

Offline lucifer

• King of Crabs
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 12:15:52 AM »
Mayhem
Live in Leipzig
Chimera
Deathcrush
Ordo Ad Chao

Attila, Dead or Maniac?
Tough question, tough question.  I've always been in the Dead camp but there's sooo little material with him and most of it is rough quality.  I can only imagine what De Mysteriis would have sounded like with Dead doing the vocals.  De Mysteriis will always be a flawed black metal masterpiece because of Atillas bizarre vocals imo.  The two studio tracks of Mayhem with Dead are solid, definitely the clearest quality recordings with him.  But they still lack the punch that De Mysteriis has in the production department.  Ahhh, what could have been.   :(

Dead
Maniac
Atilla

Hmm, interesting. I think I'd put Dead on top, too, but otherwise I love Attila. :$ Quite insane what he can do with his voice.

Offline skuspar

• Captain of This Bitch!
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
Mayhem
Live in Leipzig
Chimera
Deathcrush
Ordo Ad Chao

Attila, Dead or Maniac?

Dead
Maniac
Atilla

Hmm, interesting. I think I'd put Dead on top, too, but otherwise I love Attila. :$ Quite insane what he can do with his voice.
I like Ordo Ad Chao (some very dynamic vocals on that!) and his appearance on Mediolanum Capta Est.  I haven't heard much of his non mayhem stuff.  A little Aborym, that's about it.  I will take suggestions

Offline lucifer

• King of Crabs
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »
Mayhem
Live in Leipzig
Chimera
Deathcrush
Ordo Ad Chao

Attila, Dead or Maniac?

Dead
Maniac
Atilla

I like Ordo Ad Chao (some very dynamic vocals on that!) and his appearance on Mediolanum Capta Est.  I haven't heard much of his non mayhem stuff.  A little Aborym, that's about it.  I will take suggestions

Tormentor, motherfucker! Anno Domini and The Seventh Day of Doom are essential!

Tormentor - Tormentor I

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:18:35 AM by lucifer »

Offline skuspar

• Captain of This Bitch!
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »
A revisit to where this thread died ( :ozz: ) my opinion of atilla has increased quite a bit.  A big part of that is seeing Mayhem live a few months ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2KPevU9pk <- pretty good sounding recording from someones phone of their whole set from the show I went to).  I was really impressed with Atilla's vocals live.  His range of extreme vocal styles is pretty nuts.  His vocals on the Deathcrush era tracks were an amazing take of Maniac from that era.  Some of the sounds he makes are really quite inhuman (56 minute mark on that link a great example). 

Riker

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 04:36:59 AM »
THIS THREAD DIED HUH?

! No longer available