News: Uranus used to be called George

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years  (Read 29703 times)

Online lucifer

• King of Crabs
  • Members
Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »
UPDATE: On Monday, Columbia Records confirmed the album's October release date and noted that "it is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright." The release added that the album will be produced by Gilmour alongside Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-to-release-first-new-album-in-20-years-this-fall-20140706

to be honest, I'm not a fan of post-Waters Pink Floyd albums so my expectations are pretty low.

Offline skuspar

• Captain of This Bitch!
  • Members
Re: Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:31:25 PM »
UPDATE: On Monday, Columbia Records confirmed the album's October release date and noted that "it is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright." The release added that the album will be produced by Gilmour alongside Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-to-release-first-new-album-in-20-years-this-fall-20140706

to be honest, I'm not a fan of post-Waters Pink Floyd albums so my expectations are pretty low.
agreed.  I was more excited to hear faith no more recently debuted two new songs!

Offline TomWaits

• King of Crabs
  • Members
  • You don't say.
Re: Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
I'm also not sure what to expect, but I will probably get it anyway  :fuckyeah: